Card Making · Moving Along With The Times

Vellum Background + News!

Hello fellow crafters!

I am very pleased and excited to tell you that I have joined Design Team for the Moving Along With The Times Challenge blog! My first card as a design team member will be posted on the 12th May… however, I’ve been so excited that I’ve made it already – I can’t wait for you to see it 🙂 Anyway, the challenge running at the moment is Spring Flowers, and it would be great if you would like to participate. I have loved seeing the flowers growing in the garden again – from my room, I can see two types of flowers that I always associate with spring, the Daffodil and Primula Denticlata (also known as Pom-Pom Primula… I just really wanted to use the Latin word to prove I knew it 😉 ). There is an abundance of the latter out the front of the house; they are beautiful and inspired todays card.

Primula Denticulata - Pom Pom Primula - Drumstick Primula

I began by using the Tim Holtz Wildflower die, which, I think, is supposed to be a dandelion. I die cut three and blended Mama Elephant’s Mojito for the stem and, for the petals, Hero Arts Cornflower and Ultra Pink inks to make a nice purple – I now have a Denticulata! 🙂 To make a small bunch of flowers, I glued the interconnecting points and tied purple thread around the stem and glue was added to the backs of the flower heads.

Tim Holtz Wildflower die; Hero Arts Many Everyday Messages; Vellum (2)

The sentiment was taken from Hero Arts Many Everyday Messages, it was stamped onto a piece of card which had ink blended into the same purple as the flower heads and die cut with the smallest My Favourite Things Pierced Rectangle. Double sided sellotape attached a circle cut from vellum, using the second smallest Lil’ Inkers Dual Stitched Mat Circle die, to the sentiment rectangle. For the background, I used a purple paisley pattern from the Kanban Female Backgrounds CD-Rom and a piece of 100gsm vellum, which was cut slightly larger. The bunch of flowers were stuck to the vellum with glue and for the sentiment, I used foam pads.

Tim Holtz Wildflower die; Hero Arts Many Everyday Messages; Vellum (3)

Vellum poses a problem as a lot of adhesives show through. To get around that, I added it under the main pieces of my card – I dotted glue behind the flower and sentiment – and, I think, because the vellum seems quite strong, it still holds its shape. Foam pads were added to the back of the panel and that was adhered to a card, slightly smaller than C6, with a pre-die cut border.

Tim Holtz Wildflower die; Hero Arts Many Everyday Messages; Vellum (1)

This card is going to be entered into a couple of challenges:

Catch The Bug – April Colour

Eclectic Ellapu – Spring Flowers

Simon Says Stamp Wendnesday Challenge – Make It Girlie

I hope you can see flowers and hear the birds singing wherever you are – spring has truly sprung! The little lambs are currently skipping about and having races in the field in front of my room and keep distracting me (but what a lovely distraction 🙂 )!

See you soon and make sure you check out Moving Along With The Times!

Emma x

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Vellum Background + News!

  1. What a simply gorgeous card! Just beautiful!
    Thanks so much for playin’ along with this weeks Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug Blog Color Challenge! We hope you’ll join us tomorrow for our newest challenge!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min – Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug Asst. DT Coordinator

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s