I thought I would try and do something a little more floral today so I snaffled these stamps from my lovely sister – she does know about this 🙂 – however, again unfortunately, the stamps have no name.
I began by cutting a 10.5cm x 15cm panel from cold pressed watercolour paper and used three of the sketched flowers. They were stamped, covered in masking fluid and, once that dried, covered the area with a variety of greens. After I removed the masking fluid, I painted the flowers with a base of Azure blue then added a little Ultramarine and Violet. Around the edges of the flowers, I used a mix which matched the card base. There were no stems or leaves in the set, so used some Indian ink and a dip pen to just draw them in.
To create the frame, I used micropore to tape the two largest My Favourite Things Pierced Rectangle dies together before taping that down to the background and ran that through the die cutting machine. I placed foam tape on the back of the largest frame, stretching it from the top of the bottom. After adhering that down on a 5″ x 7″ card base, extra foam tape was added to the back of the middle frame; that was rested into place and the main centre piece was lain in.
The sentiment was taken from Hero Arts Happy Stamp and Cut; I stamped the happy directly onto the background, and, with the same mix I used for the edges of the flower, I created little banners which I stamped the rest of the sentiment onto and popped up with foam. To create the embellishments, I used two butterfly punches with vellum. I folded the smaller in half and pierced two holes along the crease with a pin. Resting the butterflies on top of each other, I pierced holes into the larger – using the smaller as a template. I then stitched the two layers of the butterfly together with some thread vaguely matching the blue petals before adhering to the card with glue.
I’m going to enter my card into these challenge’s:
I hope you enjoyed reading and are having a great day,